Using existing points in Collector with Survey123

Jump to solution
04-25-2018 10:03 AM
JordanMiller4
Occasional Contributor III

Can Survey123 use existing data from Collector? We'd like to use Survey123 to create new tables for our existing points on the map.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jordon

I assume you mean new records in existing tables (not new tables)? If so, yes this is possible - Survey123 supports the editing of records in related tables.

Please see:

Editing data: Prepare for editing existing survey data—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

Using your own data: Use Survey123 with existing feature services—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

Thanks

John

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jordon

I assume you mean new records in existing tables (not new tables)? If so, yes this is possible - Survey123 supports the editing of records in related tables.

Please see:

Editing data: Prepare for editing existing survey data—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

Using your own data: Use Survey123 with existing feature services—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
JordanMiller4
Occasional Contributor III

We already have a point layer with points recorded on the map. Can we use survey123 to access those existing points and create new related tables?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Jordan, take a look at the links provided in the first response as the answer is "yes"; we use this methodology for some of our surveys. You'll just have to do some footwork to get a full understanding as to how things work and I would highly recommend using a test dataset until you get the process hammered out.

I would recommend looking into the Inbox and creating a survey that has your geopoint question as a read-only; unless you want the ability for it to be updated by the survey.

Good Luck,

Mike