Select to view content in your preferred language

Using County Assessor data in Nebraska to complete housing assessment survey created in Survey123 Online app

4 weeks ago
JoshYoungSCEDD
New Contributor

Hello All,

This is my first post in the community so any help would be appreciated. I am in Nebraska where many counties have a contract with gWorks to map County Assessor data for every parcel. I would like to have a map of a community where I can select a parcel on the map and a housing assessment survey I have created is available in a pop-up to be completed. It would be ideal if this can be completed on or off line. 

Thanks in advance for any insights you might have for me. I am providing a link to steps I have attempted to follow, but have not seen any change in my survey. 

https://support.esri.com/en-us/knowledge-base/how-to-embed-a-survey-form-and-edit-existing-data-from...

0 Kudos
3 Replies
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

If offline is a requirement, you likely want to integrate with Field Maps so you can download the map for offline use and then launch from there into S123.

Very general guide:

1. Set up and configure a web map in your Portal.
  2. Research URL parameters. This will be used to move from Field Maps (or Experience Builder) into S123.
  3. Research Field Maps. Specifically, offline maps.
  4. Create you survey in S123 Connect (you can download the app from the Microsoft Store).
  5. Use URL parameters to link Field Maps (and maybe Experience Builder) to S123.
JoshYoungSCEDD
New Contributor

Thanks Abureaux. I will attempt your steps provided. I'm thinking offline will help making capturing the data more efficient in low cellular signal locations when capturing survey data. Do you think I'm on the right track with the offline aspect?

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Yes. Offline workflows are common in Field Data collection. We have many sites in the "middle of nowhere" (e.g., Northwest Territories) where cellular data isn't an option, so offline workflows are essential for us.

I didn't mention it before because I don't think it will be helpful in your workflow, but the Survey123 Inbox is another great offline option (I use this a ton).