Select to view content in your preferred language

Use Power Automate with Survey123 and SharePoint

05-31-2023 03:20 AM
BenBlowers2
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I am trying to use Power Automate to create a report when a survey is submitted and upload it to a SharePoint document library. I have got it working with OneDrive, but it would be better if the documents could be uploaded to SharePoint instead - because SharePoint is business central whereas OneDrive for business is personal to each staff member.

I am stuck on the last step, uploading the file to SharePoint. I am choosing the "Create file" action (the second one in the dynamic content list, as the 1st only seems to be able to upload to SharePoint lists and not document libraries):

Site Address - fine no problem (just choose from the list)

Folder Path - fine no problem (just choose from the list)

File Name - fine no problem (name of the first result file)

File Content - help! What should I choose here? I have tried many of the dynamic content options, but they just end up in an unreadable PDF when I test the flow.

Thanks all,

Ben

@IsmaelChivite - do you have any idea?

BenBlowers2_0-1685528299895.png

6 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Sorry @BenBlowers2  I struggle quite a bit with the Sharepoint bits in Office 365. I have not tried this myself, so I am not sure, but I think this could work:

Yes, it looks ugly. I am not sure this is the right way to do it. Some digging in the Power Automate forums should give a better answer.

BenBlowers2
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your reply @IsmaelChivite - I will check that out but if anyone else spots this and has a more direct route to SharePoint - I would be forever grateful!

0 Kudos
CharlesRobbins1
Emerging Contributor

Working the same process and please let us know if you made any progress.

0 Kudos
santamariaa
Occasional Contributor

We still see this issue and the work around @IsmaelChivite described does work.

0 Kudos
DustyJordan
Regular Contributor

I also currently have my feature reports dumping to OneDrive, but would prefer Sharepoint. Has anyone else figured this out, or is the S123>OneDrive>Sharepoint work-around still the way to go? 

0 Kudos
CarlisleHaworth1
Regular Contributor

Hi Ben,

You may have moved on from this task, but in case others are following there is now a way to send a feature report directly to Sharepoint, bypassing the use of OneDrive, however it requires the use of the HTTP connector which is a premium connector. This is used it to grab the contents of the feature report from the url generated then you dump the contents of the url directly into sharepoint:

CarlisleHaworth1_0-1718296985154.png

Here's how to setup the HTTP action, just point to the resulting url of the Create Report output, and be sure to use the GET method

CarlisleHaworth1_1-1718297061551.png

And the Sharepoint Create File action is setup as follows, pointing the File Content to the Body of the HTTP GET action:

CarlisleHaworth1_2-1718297397048.png

hope this helps, it's unfortunate it requires a premium license as this took me 2 or 3 years of groveling to obtain.

0 Kudos