Select to view content in your preferred language

Updating a Survey using Survey123 Connect that is published on Portal for ArcGIS Enterprise

11-15-2023 10:29 AM
Alec
by
New Contributor III

I recently published a survey using Survey123 Connect. I published the survey to my organizations enterprise portal. I now need to update a few of the questions. In the past, when I had published Surveys to ArcGIS Online, I would just edit the xls form. This does not work for the survey published to the portal. My question is how can I edit the survey? and if it is still xls form based, where is the data stored within the Survey123 or ArcGIS enterise environment?

Thank you for the help. If there is also any documentation on this that I have missed in my search please point me that way.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Just open S123 Connect. You will see your published survey (if you don't, you are either not signed in, or using a different account). Open the survey, and edit like normal.

And yes, you are still editing the XLSX. There is a button in Connect to open the XLSX:

abureaux_0-1700074183426.png

0 Kudos
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

If you published a new survey to Portal for ArcGIS, it will create a Hosted Feature Layer in your user content. Same experience as ArcGIS Online just different 'portal' or organizational URL. Survey123 will recognize that it has the 'right' to update the hosted feature layer that it created. e.g. add a field to XLSForm, publishing says "a field will be added - OK?". Add a related table, it will prompt to overwrite the entire service.

If you targeted an existing service it will NOT attempt to update the target. If you add a field to your XLSForm, but the field does not exist already, it will say the service is incompatible. You will need to manually add the field with the desired type/length to your service, then publish the survey.

This applies to targeting existing Hosted Feature Layers (views) in ArcGIS Online or Portal for ArcGIS. It also applies to non-hosted/referenced ArcGIS Server services.

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-blog/working-with-existing-feature-services-in-arcgis...