Update Repeats - Survey123

Jump to solution
05-21-2019 01:23 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all!

I hope you are good! I have been some problems for updating type "repeat questions" in Survey123. When we try to update or add new answers to the survey with other users, all previous information no appear. In this way, if I publish my new survey, this won't update, this will reeplace the existing information.

I have tried with "allowUpdates=true" in bind::esri:parameters; but this not working well. The previous information no appear.

Thanks to all for your help!

Ismael Chivite's Blog

James Tedrick

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jim-Moore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Pedro

You are referring to editing a survey that has repeats from the Inbox, is that correct?

By adding "query" to the bind::esri:parameters column you should be able to access the existing records in the repeat when opening an existing survey response. If you want to allow users to edit these existing records, include allowUpdates=true. You can enter both of these parameters separated by a space, i.e. allowUpdates=true query

For more information on the various parameters for editing repeats please see:

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/desktop/create-surveys/prepareforediting.htm#ESRI_SECTION1_80CFF...

Please let me know if this helps.

Kind regards,

Jim

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Jim-Moore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Pedro

You are referring to editing a survey that has repeats from the Inbox, is that correct?

By adding "query" to the bind::esri:parameters column you should be able to access the existing records in the repeat when opening an existing survey response. If you want to allow users to edit these existing records, include allowUpdates=true. You can enter both of these parameters separated by a space, i.e. allowUpdates=true query

For more information on the various parameters for editing repeats please see:

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/desktop/create-surveys/prepareforediting.htm#ESRI_SECTION1_80CFF...

Please let me know if this helps.

Kind regards,

Jim