Unsuccessful re-publishing of existing survey

03-21-2018 04:10 PM
ChristinaLindsay1
New Contributor II

I'm trying to publish an update to a survey I created, but when I try to publish nothing happens.  There's not even an error message.  I just get the round spinning icon in the middle of my computer and that's it.  This survey was originally created under my username through my organization.  It since then has changed owner which I still have editing access to.  I thought that might be the issue, but my colleagues have successfully republished their surveys with the same scenario.  I don't know why my case would be different from theirs.  I currently updated to the newest version of Survey123 Connect thinking that might be the issue, but I'm still getting the same issue.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RyanPottinger
New Contributor

Hi Christina,

I had a similar thing happen to me last week.  I signed into my ESRI account and under "My Content" I had to change the Service Definition for the layer you are trying to publish from being shared to not being shared and I was able to publish my surveys again.  I hope that helps as it took me a few hours to figure out why my publishing effort would just spin continuously and then time out.

0 Kudos
ChristinaLindsay1
New Contributor II

Thanks for your reply, but we found out why it wasn't working.  It turns out when we moved the surveys the folders under "My Content" that stored them in the previous username were not in the new username.  The form and feature layer were still in the account, but not in a particular folder.  We ended up creating a new folder with the same name as it was before when it was published.  Then we moved the form and feature layer to this folder.  We also re-downloaded the survey to Survey123 Connect.  Made the changes needed there and re-published.  That worked!