Unable to log out from my account in Survey123

09-25-2020 05:18 PM
diegocarvalho
New Contributor III

After logging in once in Survey123 (v3.10.326) using my organizational account I can't really log out from the app. It seems to have let me leave my account, but when I start the log in process again and choose to log through my organization Survey123 brings me right in without asking for username or password (doesn't matter how many times I repeat the log out process. Even after hitting the log out button, clearing Google Chrome's cache (full history) and closing the app, the problem persists.

Tested in a Samsung Galaxy Tab A tablet and in Samsung Galaxy A20 phone with the same results. The only way I found to really log out is to reinstall the app.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello diego carvalho‌, 

Does your organization use SAML logins to authenticate (Okta, Shibboleth, ADFS) and is the IDP configured with Single Sign On? 

Are you on a VPN or network on those devices that would automatically pass along credentials? 

Thank you, 

Zach 

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
JJ_Lightfoot
New Contributor

Hi I'm having this issue with some of our users. And yes, my organization does use SAML logins (Okta) configured with SSO. These are shared devices that we want different users to be able to log in/out of S123 in order to complete surveys. But it isn't allowing the initial user who set up S123 to log out. Is there any fix for this?

0 Kudos
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @JJ_Lightfoot

Are you using the latest 3.11 release of ArcGIS Survey123? If you also test with the 3.12 build we have in our Early Adopter Community to see if the same behavior persists there as well. 

Thank you, 

Zach

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
JJ_Lightfoot
New Contributor

Apologies, when I indicated our users were utilizing shared devices, I should have specified these are mobile devices, specifically an Android tablet utilizing the app downloaded from the Android store. This problem does not exist in the desktop version. 

In this case I can't download beta or 'early' versions of applications to mobile devices, it must be an approved version available in the app store. So if I'm to test a new version, I'll have to wait until it's available in the app store and existing instances of the app are automatically updated on our devices.

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

We are seeing weird login issues now as well.  User cannot login at all, sometimes says permissions.  We have a diff user login then out.  Then the original user can login and use everything just fine after that.

Any updates on this?

0 Kudos
TeamLeader
New Contributor II

Hi

I am having the same exact problem. Cannot logout of Survey 123 once you have logged in.

Using Samsung Galaxy Tablet and ADFS, version 3.12.277

Have you found a solution?

0 Kudos
Royce_Simpson
New Contributor III

My org is having this issue as well.  We sign in via our org url, then are presented with the okta signin.  I've signed in with my saml login and now, every time I sign out and then want to sign back in with another saml based named user account, it just logs me right back in automatically.  How do I turn that off so I can log other folks in?

On a less important side note:  Is there any way for that "your org's url" input to retain our org name?  Every time I try to login (see above) that text entry box is blank and I have to retype in my org name.  Ick.

0 Kudos