Unable to load Design Tab on Survey123 Website

06-09-2017 06:31 AM
RobertMarros
Occasional Contributor II

Is anyone else having an issue opening up the DESIGN tab on the Survey123 Website? I am trying to open up an already published survey in order to update some of the answers to a question. However, when I click on the DESIGN tab, I get those three fluctuating bar graphs. I have already gone through and cleared out my cache so I am not sure what else could be the error.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
29 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Robert,

We're not seeing this issue currently.  What browser are you using?  Do you see the same behavior across multiple browsers?

0 Kudos
RobertMarros

James,

Thanks for the response.

This behavior is happening on both Internet Explorer and Google Chrome (I just double checked again this morning and I am experiencing the same thing). As far as the actual survey goes, my clients are able to continue to fill out and submit the survey with no issue, I am just unable to go back and alter the survey through the Design Tab since it wont load for me.

Any assistance on this would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Robert,

Are you seeing this with all surveys or a specific survey(s).  Could I ask you to test by creating a new survey with one question, publishing it, and then attempting to alter it's design?  Alternatively, if you could open the developer tools of the browser (F11 in IE, Ctrl-Shift-I in Chrome) and report back what errors are occurring on entering the design tab, that will help diagnose the issue.

0 Kudos
RobertMarros

James,

Thanks again for your quick reply!

Are you seeing this with all surveys or a specific survey(s).

Yes, I am experiencing this issue with all of my surveys that were created via the Web Designer (obviously I can't click on the Design Tab for surveys created via Survey123 Connect).

Could I ask you to test by creating a new survey with one question, publishing it, and then attempting to alter it's design?

I went ahead and created a new survey like you requested and was actually successful in being able to alter its design via the Design Tab (I went back and tried to re-open the Design Tab on all my previous surveys after this and I am still experiencing the same issue).

Alternatively, if you could open the developer tools of the browser (F11 in IE, Ctrl-Shift-I in Chrome) and report back what errors are occurring on entering the design tab, that will help diagnose the issue.

Below is a screen shot of the error message I am receiving. It seems to be calling to "polyfills.bundle.js:1" in the error. I tried on Chrome, I.E. and Edge, with the same error message.

Thanks

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Thanks,

From your description, I was able to narrow done a possible issue - it sounds like there is a problem revising a survey authored at some time before we introduced the revising capability (I see the same issue testing an older survey).  When were your forms originally authored?

0 Kudos
ZachMueting
New Contributor III

Hello

I'm happy to see someone else with this problem and you on it!  I've had the same issue and haven't been able to access web survey 123 designs.  I can access ones I haven't touched for a few months but more recent ones just come up and freeze like the previous person posted.  I hope we can resolve this.  It's making me a little nervous because I'm the one encouraging the team here to use it and I haven't been able to make updates.  I do have a case number on it with a guy named Brandon helping me.

Thank you!

RobertMarros

The survey in question was created on April 12th 2017 however this goes back to surveys that were created on March 8th 2017.

Is there a fix or solution? I really don't want to create a new survey since I will lose all of the surveys collected and I am currently pulling information from the published feature service from ArcGIS Online. 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
JonathanNowlan
Esri Contributor

Hi everyone, 

We've been working with a customer from Esri Canada that has encountered this issue. In their case the problem is related to the presence of a % character anywhere in the survey form. As soon as you insert one, the preview stops working and if you hit save you will no longer be able to enter the Design tab. 

I've shared my findings with our colleagues at Esri Inc, so hopefully this will help developers come up with a fix.

For the time being I've instructed our customer to recreate her form without using the % character.

0 Kudos
RobertMarros

Jonathan,

Thanks for the information but I don't believe that I have a % character listed anywhere within my survey. Plus it had been working up until a couple of months ago. 

0 Kudos