Today() in Survey123 feature reports

Jump to solution
10-06-2020 02:31 PM
AntonioDe_La_Rosa1
New Contributor II

How would I add a today() date function into a Survey123 Feature Report Template (.docx).

The template is an organization's letter template and the today() date function would populate the letter's date heading.

Also is there a way to add 'x' amount of days to today's date? I would also like to auto-populate a due date which would be 'x' amount of days from today().

The due date is not a field and only exists as a custom expression in a web map popup for map symbology. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jim-Moore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Antonio

Microsoft Word has a built-in function for inserting dates and times. Please refer to the Microsoft help for more info: Insert today's date in a Word document - Word.

Regarding adding days to today's date, this could perhaps be achieved in Word using a VBA macro or similar, but I have not tried it. Alternatively, you could use a calculation in XLSForm; in your case, would it be practical to calculate the due date in the survey itself? You could store this in a hidden field if necessary, so it doesn't show in the survey form but can be displayed in the report.

More on date/time calculations can be found here Decimal date time—ArcGIS Survey123 | Documentation. The Dates and Times sample in Survey123 Connect also has some good examples.

Best,

Jim

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Jim-Moore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Antonio

Microsoft Word has a built-in function for inserting dates and times. Please refer to the Microsoft help for more info: Insert today's date in a Word document - Word.

Regarding adding days to today's date, this could perhaps be achieved in Word using a VBA macro or similar, but I have not tried it. Alternatively, you could use a calculation in XLSForm; in your case, would it be practical to calculate the due date in the survey itself? You could store this in a hidden field if necessary, so it doesn't show in the survey form but can be displayed in the report.

More on date/time calculations can be found here Decimal date time—ArcGIS Survey123 | Documentation. The Dates and Times sample in Survey123 Connect also has some good examples.

Best,

Jim

View solution in original post

AntonioDe_La_Rosa1
New Contributor II

Thanks for the reply, this answered my question