Time stamp with time of submission

Jump to solution
10-10-2019 06:15 AM
Miguel-Fernandez
Occasional Contributor

Good morning all,

I work at a transit agency and have developed an alert system using Survey123 Connect and Operations Dashboard. Dispatch uses the form to submit alerts that is visualized in a dashboard and used by our Call Center. The first line in the form is a Date/Time that is auto-populated using the now() function. The issue I'm having is Dispatch opens the form and it could sit there for 20 minutes or an hour before they submit a form and the time stamp is populated with the time that they opened the form and not when it was submitted. I know we could instruct them to refresh the form before they fill it out but they already have a lot going on so I'm trying to keep this simple for them. I also suggested removing the now() function and having the Date/Time question at the bottom of the form that Dispatch would have to manually fill out before submission but management does not like that idea either. 

My question is, is there another work around that I'm missing? I would think that Esri knows when the form is submitted because that's the event most would be really interested in. Any guidance or suggestions would be must appreciated.

Thanks,

Miguel Fernandez

Miguel Fernandez
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
2 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor
Miguel-Fernandez
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Doug Browning, this is exactly what I was looking for.

Miguel Fernandez
0 Kudos