Time shifting when reviewing/editing survey for date/times after DST begins

02-24-2021 01:43 PM
KellyDoss1
New Contributor II

Hello all,

I have a survey that collects several manually entered dates & times.  The times are submitted in Eastern Standard Time (UTC -5 or UTC -4 during Daylight Savings).  For any surveys with dates of March 14-Nov 6 (the DST window), if a survey is opened to view or edit (using web app, not field app), the times are shifting up an hour from the time that was submitted to account for the UTC -4 offset in the feature layer.  For example, for a survey submitted today, Feb. 24, with a date/time of March 12 at 2:00 pm, the feature layer shows a time of 7:00 pm, and when I open the survey, the time says 2:00 pm.  But for a survey submitted today with a date/time of March 15 at 2:00 pm, the feature layer shows a time of 6:00 pm, and when I open the survey, the time now says 3:00 pm.

Even if just reviewing the survey, this can cause confusion, but it's especially a problem when editing a survey, since, if this shift in time of the survey isn't noticed and moved back to 2:00 pm before the updated survey is submitted, the time is now wrong.

I have an Esri Support case open, but wanted to see if the wider community had any input into how I might keep this time shift from happening.  Perhaps somehow using the pulldata("@property", 'utcoffset') function?

Thank you kindly!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
0 Replies