Select to view content in your preferred language

Time field changes when I download data from GISonline

Jump to solution
10-31-2016 06:15 PM
WCCWCC
by
New Contributor II

I have created a 123 survey app,  the app has the now () function.  So when the field staff capture a point, the app collects the devices local time and date.    

Logging in into our online account  and  looking at the Feature layer -  Data tab,   I see all the captured points all with the correct local times displayed.

However when I download the data from GIS online the time changes to GMT,  and in my case +13 hours GMT?

Why does it change ?   and is there a fix for this ?   

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi,

All the times in ArcGIS Online are stored in UTC; the data looks correct in your browser because the web pages are automatically compensating for your local time zone (as provided by your system settings).  If you are using ArcGIS Desktop, some tools to work with time zone data include:

- Setting the time zone in the feature layer Why set a temporal reference—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop  and time display settings: Setting the time zone you want to visualize your data in—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop 

- using the 'Convert Time Zone' tool: Convert Time Zone—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi,

All the times in ArcGIS Online are stored in UTC; the data looks correct in your browser because the web pages are automatically compensating for your local time zone (as provided by your system settings).  If you are using ArcGIS Desktop, some tools to work with time zone data include:

- Setting the time zone in the feature layer Why set a temporal reference—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop  and time display settings: Setting the time zone you want to visualize your data in—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop 

- using the 'Convert Time Zone' tool: Convert Time Zone—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop