The existing feature service is not compatible with the survey

Jump to solution
06-13-2022 09:49 AM
RichardWright
New Contributor II

Hello,

I'm making some updates and improvements to a public tree survey created in survey123. I've added a select_one that allows users to switch on and off help text using relevant column, and a few note fields that contain the help at various points through the survey. No names have been changed, but I am recieving a warning when I try to publish:

publishError.fw.png

Does this mean that if I choose to add the field it will delete the existing feature layer and all the data? Or will it allow me to add the new field with no effect to the data and users?

Many thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If you don't want the select_one switch to be added to the table, make sure to set its type to null in the XLS form. Otherwise, you'll need that field to be added to the service to prevent an overwrite, which would delete the existing data. But it doesn't seem like the kind of field that you'd need to be in the data table.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If you don't want the select_one switch to be added to the table, make sure to set its type to null in the XLS form. Otherwise, you'll need that field to be added to the service to prevent an overwrite, which would delete the existing data. But it doesn't seem like the kind of field that you'd need to be in the data table.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
RichardWright
New Contributor II

Thanks Josh. I found the null feature last night, all working now.