tab through data entry on Survey123 form on PC

07-18-2019 10:05 AM
JamesKelly4
Occasional Contributor

Is it possible to configure my Survey123 form so that folks entering data via the PC version of the app can tab through the data entry (instead of clicking through)? 

Tags (2)
13 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Doug,

For now it will just tab or enter to the next input control that can take the focus. Being able to customize this would need to be a future enhancement.

Phil.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Finally got to test today and it is looking good on iOS.  Number fields in Grid now are a LOT faster. 

I did notice it will not highlight a default value if it is in there.  This means if I have to delete the value before I change it.  But this also means I can just "tab" through defaults now.  Not sure if this is on purpose or which is better yet or if they can be combined.

Can this be extended to drop down fields?  It does not auto tab now since the enter just excepts the input.  Not sure if even possible but most of my big form is drop downs.

Thanks a lot Phil this will be huge for the new Grid forms I have in beta!

JamesKelly4
Occasional Contributor

Awesome! Thanks for update!

HélèneTouyéras
Occasional Contributor II

Hi @JamesKelly4  and @Anonymous User !

This post is old, but my users had the same question and found some additional answers by testing... So I thought I'd share with the class ^^:

On a PC you can :

• TAB through the form to go to the next question ;
  • SHIFT+TAB to go back to a previous question
  • while landing on a drop-down menu, type a few very discriminatingcharacters to reduce the list as much as possible
    • then click on TAB to navigate through the remaining values (each value will be slightly highlighted as it bescome active/selectionnable)
    • click SHIFT+TAB to go back to a previous value
    • then click on SPACE to select the active value
    • then clik TAB to go to the next field.  

I noticed that:

- Date fields cannot be activated by the keyboard (they are simply skipped) ;

- Minimized groups cannot be entered/maximized using the keyboard (they are simply skipped);

- on drop-down lists: if the list returned by the search is longer than what the screen shows, scrolling the list with TAB does not display the active values (selection is effective, but you do not see what you selected). Using up/down arrows does not help. So the key with long drop-down is real, really to start the search with an extremely discriminant set of characters.

with kind regards,

Hélène.