Symbol point color won't update on mobile app

02-04-2022 12:56 AM
GrégoireCATINEAU
New Contributor III

Hello,

My survey is about commercials locals point to update.

On the mobile ArcGis Survey123 app, i have 2 colors for the point symbol:

-red for no specified 

-green for modified.

The problem is : in the map view, when i update the point (the symbol linked field modified), the color won't update.

To view the update the color of point, i have to select an other the basemap and reselect the original basemap. Only like that it's works.

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @GrégoireCATINEAU,

Which Map view are you referring to, the Inbox or one of the other folders, or are you referring to the submitted point on the web map being displayed in the geopoint question? 

Note that Survey123 only simply displays the web app and layers included in it and the time it is refreshed. So if the data is changing, the map needs to be refreshed. If it is based on the survey you just submitted, you need to re-query the web map.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
GrégoireCATINEAU
New Contributor III

Thank you Phil for your response.

Yes, I am referring to the inbox records.

In the web map I have a specific symbology with a different color.
When I refresh the map, the point status is not refreshed.

--> If I use the zoom the point color self update correctly but not with the "actualize" button.

I followed the following tutorial (Survey Basemap section):

Survey123 Tricks of the Trade: Configuring survey ... - Esri Community

note :
I published my map service from Arcgis Desktop.
Finally there are no difference with publishing from Arcgis Pro.

Regards,

Greg.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @GrégoireCATINEAU,

Hhmmm interesting, it should update everytime the web map is reloaded or refreshed. There are setting you can apply to web maps about how often and intervals they refresh, including for each layer added to them. Could there be a setting causing it not to refresh as frequently?

You may want to raise this as a support ticket with Esri Support so you can work through the workflow and steps you used and the way your web map and layers are configured.

If i create hosted layers and web map on ArcGIS Online, and update surveys with different symbology with a different color, I see they change right away when i interact with the map.

Regards.

Phil.

0 Kudos