Select to view content in your preferred language

Surveys with long repeat fields

01-16-2017 03:52 PM
nejibco
Occasional Contributor

Hi All, is it possible to define a dynamic title for the survey?

In the case of surveys containing long repeat fields where the person collection data can get lost by going up and down, the title is a great choice to indicate which particular field he is currently surveying. For example, the title can be defined as follow:

Title =  concat('SurveyName:',  ${currentFieldName})

The idea is, while collecting data, the user will be able to check from the title which particular field he is collecting.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi James, any update on this?

In our bird survey form, we have one "bird count" repeat that's pretty basic: select species, enter count

The field team is requesting to see a list of the species w/counts before they submit, to ensure they recorded every species they saw in the 2 minutes they're allotted to survey all the birds in the area. I haven't been able to figure this out, rather I've set the instance name as concat (${survey_id}, ": ", count(${species}), " count records") so they see the number of species records they submitted. But what they really want is to see a list of species.

Any thoughts/advice?

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi. You may want to check the Aggregation Functions (join) section in https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2020/04/09/survey123-tricks-of-the-trade-repeats 

nejib co‌  Katie Andrews‌  The join function, as described in the blog, can be used in an inline note question, to feed the label of a repeat, group or instance_name.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you Ismael, I used the join (join(",",${species})) to create a read-only text field showing a running list of the species being recorded; the output reads like this: American Avocet, Dunlin, Blue-winged Team.

What I continue to try without success is to use the join function to create a list of a concatenation of two fields ${count} and $(species}, so the result would look something like 10 American Avocet, 200 Dunlin, 50 Blue-winged Teal. I've played with a few ways of doing this but am not getting it right. Is this possible? Thanks.

0 Kudos