survey123 XLSForm

01-20-2019 05:24 AM
RawandDizayee
New Contributor III

Hi Esri Team,

i created survey with XLSForm now some of types are unchangeable for example its hidden type i want to change it to text type but i cant do it, the list of types not show ?

thank you in advance for your help. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jim-Moore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Rawand

Just to clarify, you are unable to see the drop-down list of question types in column A, as shown below?

XLSForm question types drop-down

If so, it could be that the data validation rule has been removed for these cells. However, you should still be able to manually enter the desired question type in this column (in your example, delete 'hidden' and type in 'text'). The list of question types is shown on the types tab.

Note that if you've already published your survey and wish to republish it with changes, certain changes to fields are not permitted (e.g. changes to field name, type, etc.). Survey123 Connect will show a warning about this when you attempt to republish the survey.

Hope this helps, any further questions please let me know.

Kind regards,

Jim

0 Kudos
RawandDizayee
New Contributor III

Dear Jim,

Thank you alot for your replaying, what do you mean I deleted validation rule for cell ?!

Regards,

Sent from my iPhone

0 Kudos
Jim-Moore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Rawand

The XLSX templates in Survey123 Connect include data validation rules to help users build a survey. Excel's data validation is applied to specific cells or cell ranges. It can be removed in several ways, e.g. using Clear All, removing it via the Data Validation menu on the Data ribbon, removing a whole column that uses data validation, etc.

Hope this helps,

Jim

0 Kudos