Survey123 won't show previous repeats

Jump to solution
09-22-2020 02:17 PM
MichelleWilliams1
Occasional Contributor III

I'm on Survey123 Connect 3.10.

'WE' can't see our previous repeates in Survey123, did I miss a setting, because ours always shows 1 of 1.

Our older surveys were correct and showed something like the image below (1 of 2).

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi.  Can you check if you added 'query' into the bind::esri:parameters column? By default, when the Inbox is populated, data from repeats is not retrieved, if you include 'query' in bind::esri:parameters then all previous records will be fetched.

There are some additional details in the 'Repeats in the Inbox' section in this post: https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2020/04/09/survey123-tricks-of-the-trade-repeats  There is also great info in this help topic: Prepare for editing existing survey data—ArcGIS Survey123 | Documentation 

Also, just in case, remember that the repeat group in Connect will always be empty. You need to populate the Inbox in the Survy123 field app before you will be able to see repeat records in a survey.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi.  Can you check if you added 'query' into the bind::esri:parameters column? By default, when the Inbox is populated, data from repeats is not retrieved, if you include 'query' in bind::esri:parameters then all previous records will be fetched.

There are some additional details in the 'Repeats in the Inbox' section in this post: https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2020/04/09/survey123-tricks-of-the-trade-repeats  There is also great info in this help topic: Prepare for editing existing survey data—ArcGIS Survey123 | Documentation 

Also, just in case, remember that the repeat group in Connect will always be empty. You need to populate the Inbox in the Survy123 field app before you will be able to see repeat records in a survey.

MichelleWilliams1
Occasional Contributor III

Thank you, my older surveys had something else in those fields, and this fixed the issue.