Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey123 website not performing above 1000 features?

02-20-2019 08:43 AM
HélèneTouyéras
Occasional Contributor II

Hello Survey123 friends,

Our fieldcrew are hapy with Survey123, and have proudly reached a little over 1,100 points this week.

Problem is, the survey123 website for that survey is not responding well anymore:

- the "analysis" page takes really long to refresh (but eventually loads - filtering attirbute visibility really helps out).

- the "data" page does not load at all. Users cannot interact with the data from there at all.

Functionalities specific to survey123.arcgis.com (namely, reports!) are not available anymore.

For comparison's sake, we do have other surveys with much fewer points, and they perform as usual - no problem there. The issue really seems to be with the amount of feature, surprisingly.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there any solution/hope in the pipe?

Many thanks!

With kind regards,

Hélène.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jim-Moore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Hélène

Thanks for your description of the issue and great to hear you're really putting Survey123 through its paces!

There shouldn't be any significant performance issues for a survey with ~1,000 records. Please see a discussion around large datasets (including a video demonstrating a survey with 600,000+ responses) in this thread:

Max surveys? Load test options? 

Just so I've got the whole picture:

• How many questions does your survey contain? Does it contain any repeats?
  • What is the performance like if you browse the data in ArcGIS Online (for example, in web map viewer or on the feature service's Data tab)?
  • What version of the field app are you using to submit the data?
  • Which browser are you using to access the website?
  • Would it be possible to export the feature service to GDB and send with your XLSForm so we can try to reproduce?

Thanks & kind regards,

Jim

0 Kudos
HélèneTouyéras

Thanks Jim! I will check with the client if we can do this, and keep you posted.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Helene,

This is a known issue which arises from the maxRecordCount parameter which is set on the feature service. Due to the way the Survey123 website queries the feature service for all the available records, the maxRecordCount parameter is preventing more than the default 1,000 records from being returned.

We have an issue in our backlog to address this from the Survey123 website point of view (which I have updated with your comments), in the meantime you could try and modify this value in the feature service and see if you can get more records returned.

Regards,

Phil.

HélèneTouyéras

Thanks Phil - I will check this point, I had not thought about it. I'll keep you posted.

0 Kudos