Survey123 WebSite Administration

Jump to solution
09-30-2018 06:40 PM
MathieuBoonen
Occasional Contributor

I have one survey that if logged in as the creator (take that anyway you like) I can see Creators view of the Website Admin Page

But when you sign in as any other contributor or anyone whom has access all they see is this

I have gone through all the permissions via Survey 123 Collaboration  and ArcGIS  and I have no luck, and yet I have created other surveys with the same permissions that work fine and are fully viewable from the website admin toolset.

The only thing that I can think of is the this is not the first time that I created "Work Program" Survey and somehow Survey123 has got stuck and picking up an old copy of one without any data in it.

I do see a feature layer (hosted) that has no data in it but I am hesitant to delete it in case it breaks the rest of the system

I have renamed it to "OldWork Program" which made no difference.as per

So as you see I have tried a few ways to get to the admin but realistically I would prefer the Survey123 default website for admin.

I have even removed permissions entirely on the empty feature layer, and it still wont work

no permissions whatsoever

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Survey123 controls access for data viewers through a feature service view called surveyname_stakeholder. In this case it is called Work Program_stakeholder. Sometimes these views get out of sync with the underlying feature service (especially when editing permissions in AGOL), so try deleting and re-creating the view.

To do this, delete the Work Program_stakeholder item in ArcGIS online.  Then reshare the survey to the viewers in survey123.arcgis.com=>collaborate. The Survey123 website is the place for updating sharing permissions for surveys.

Then retest.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Survey123 controls access for data viewers through a feature service view called surveyname_stakeholder. In this case it is called Work Program_stakeholder. Sometimes these views get out of sync with the underlying feature service (especially when editing permissions in AGOL), so try deleting and re-creating the view.

To do this, delete the Work Program_stakeholder item in ArcGIS online.  Then reshare the survey to the viewers in survey123.arcgis.com=>collaborate. The Survey123 website is the place for updating sharing permissions for surveys.

Then retest.

MathieuBoonen
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, sounds so easy I just wondered why this survey was different than the others and I suppose that is why AGOL and Survey123 Website co-exist. (and why S123 was not fully embedded within AGOL)

It does feel unnerving to delete a file but as you say it is a view to the data. I guess this doesn't effect  the field app in any way nor previous OR FUTURE data captured ? 

0 Kudos