Survey123 update wont Publish

Jump to solution
10-01-2021 03:02 PM
KristenMeier
New Contributor II

Hello, I have a survey that has been in use for a few years now, I've made several updates throughout that time using Survey123 Connect. On the most recent update we are adding a several fields but none of the choice lists have changed, and none of the existing fields were deleted. When I try to publish it indicates that the survey has already been published and then lists the fields not found. I click on the "Add the following fields when publishing" then click publish survey. At this point the process seems to get hung up. It says "Getting information and the dot wheel just continually spins. I've let this go for several hours, it never progresses past getting information nor does it ever give an error message.

I have Survey123 Connect v. 3.12.232

I tried to turn off the web map option to see if that made a difference, it did not

The file has never changed, it's the same as when it was first created.

Please help! 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @KristenMeier

Are you adding fields in a repeat? If so we've had a known issue about adding fields to a repeat that was resolved in our 3.13 release of ArcGIS Survey123. If you upgrade your Survey123 Connect install to 3.13 and try republishing the issue should not persist. 

Thank you,
Zach

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @KristenMeier

Are you adding fields in a repeat? If so we've had a known issue about adding fields to a repeat that was resolved in our 3.13 release of ArcGIS Survey123. If you upgrade your Survey123 Connect install to 3.13 and try republishing the issue should not persist. 

Thank you,
Zach
KristenMeier
New Contributor II

Thanks Zachary! I did have a new field in a repeat. Updating to the newest version seems to have solved the problem!

0 Kudos
DeonLengton
Esri Contributor

Just as a side-note:

Usually when I have this publishing issue, I add the new fields straight into AGOL or Portal and then republish the survey with the same changes. For just a few changes this works well - especially if your changes are inside repeats or nested repeats.

But as @ZacharySutherby says, the new version should fix the republish issue

0 Kudos