Survey123 unique values

Jump to solution
05-06-2022 10:05 AM
Labels (1)
PavlaČížková
New Contributor

Hello, I need to avoid repeating the same value twice in a section "Repeat_Kornatci". I am recording 3 species of beetles living under bark. There should be 0-3 answers in the repeated part of form – 0 means there is no beetle and  1-3 answers means there is 1-3 species – but each of the species should be registered only once. Is it possible? Thank you.

I read this topic: "Repeat Duplicate Preventer" by DustyJordan, but I am not able to use for my problem.

Could you please help me @DustyJordan@DougBrowning or @Anonymous User ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

My trick is a lot harder now with 3.14.  Since it is hard to follow I just modified your form.  Note I took all the required out for now.  I always leave those to the end or testing is really hard.

One thing on your form is your name and labels do not match.  That makes the running list of choices look different than the choices which is prob really confusing to the user.  May want to adjust that.

Hope it helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

My trick is a lot harder now with 3.14.  Since it is hard to follow I just modified your form.  Note I took all the required out for now.  I always leave those to the end or testing is really hard.

One thing on your form is your name and labels do not match.  That makes the running list of choices look different than the choices which is prob really confusing to the user.  May want to adjust that.

Hope it helps.

PavlaČížková
New Contributor

Thank you very much, that is exactly what I needed!