survey123 'The custom feature service submission url is not compatible with this survey (Table not found)'

07-25-2017 09:07 AM
MollyShoberg1
New Contributor II

I have a survey in survey123 Connect for ArcGIS that is using a custom feature service from our ArcGIS Server. I have tested this using a secure feature service from our Dev ArcGIS Server successfully. Now I am trying to replicate the survey using a secure feature service from our Prod ArcGIS Server and so far it is unsuccessful. The secure feature service has been added to ArcGIS Online as an item (credentials stored with the item). I took the URL from the bottom of the item details page (in ArcGIS Online) and entered it in to the [submission_url] column of the settings tab in the XLS form spreadsheet for the survey. The form preview looks good as designed but when I attempt to publish the survey I get an error message 'The custom feature service submission URL is not compatible with this survey (Table not found).  If I click on the link for the submission URL, a web browser opens stating 'You do not have permissions to access this resource or perform this operation. Error:403'. It is as if ArcGIS Online is not storing the necessary credentials entered when I created the item for the secure feature service.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot are appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MollyShoberg1
New Contributor II

This problem has been resolved. Turns out the issue was due to a change in the layer name within the secure service consumed by survey123. When I changed the layer name to be the same as the survey name it worked.

HollyTorpey_LSA
Occasional Contributor III

Thank you so much for posting this. Saved the day for me!

- Holly
0 Kudos