Survey123 Sync Settings not Honored in Portal

11-08-2019 06:02 AM
RyanUthoff
Occasional Contributor III

I'm not sure if this is by design or not, but I am noticing that the Survey123 Sync settings (when publishing a Survey123 form) are not being honored on the item page in Portal.

According to this page (Publish your survey—Survey123 for ArcGIS | Documentation ), you can choose to either enable or disable sync when publishing a Survey123 form. However, when I publish a Survey123 form to Portal with sync disabled, on the Survey123 hosted feature service item page, it has sync enabled regardless if I choose to enable it or not. 

The documentation I linked above leads me to believe that if I choose to disable sync when publishing a Survey123 form, it will be unchecked in Portal because the documentation states that I can enable it at a later time via the settings tab on the item page. However, it's checked as being enabled regardless if sync is enabled or not.

Is this normal behavior or am I just missing something here?

I'm using Survey123 Connect 3.6.137 and ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6.1.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Ryan,

For ArcGIS Enterprise implementations, Sync needs to be enabled to support Survey123 submissions.

RyanUthoff
Occasional Contributor III

Thank you for the information. I didn't see that requirement for ArcGIS Enterprise in the documentation so I was a little confused.

It would be nice to have an option for sync to be disabled so the hosted feature service doesn't create an evw in the ArcGIS Data Store. Deleting data from the hosted feature service through ArcGIS Pro deletes the data from the evw, but it does not delete the data from the base tables. We really need to be able to delete the data from the base tables as well because it's not sustainable for our tables/data store to continuously increase in size and we shouldn't have to delete the entire hosted feature service/survey just to get space back.

I realize that un-checking and then re-checking sync in the hosted feature service item page in Portal essentially acts like a compress where it will remove any records that were removed from the evw, but that's not necessarily a good solution when we have 100+ surveys.

0 Kudos