Survey123 Standalone

Jump to solution
01-18-2017 02:34 AM
JohnMcConalogue
New Contributor III

Does anyone know can I create a Survey as a standalone on my PC i.e. I don't have to connect it to the cloud?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Ah, thanks,

With Survey123, you can use a PC to take surveys in a standalone environment, but the data storage is still tied to either ArcGIS Online or an ArcGIS Enterprise organization; either is required to publish a survey.  It is possible to install ArcGIS Enterprise on a single PC (I've done that routinely for demonstration purposes), but if you're only using it for Survey123, you aren't getting a lot of value out of it- Survey123 is designed to complement a data/mapping system, not be an independent application.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JamesTedrick

Hi John,

Survey123 is designed to work in either a cloud or on-premise enterprise environment; it requires either ArcGIS Online or an ArcGIS Enterprise organization to store the data.  Given you're other question on public surveys (https://community.esri.com/message/659893-survey123-public?et=watches.email.thread ), I'm a little confused- a public survey would need to be accessible over the network and thus a standalone PC would not be a great deployment target.

0 Kudos
JohnMcConalogue
New Contributor III

Thanks for the reply James.

Apologies for the confusion but they are two separate questions for different scenarios.

I have one survey I want to enable the public to utilise from a website and am wondering how I go about doing this?

The other question is, if I just want a standalone survey without any network access is this possible?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Ah, thanks,

With Survey123, you can use a PC to take surveys in a standalone environment, but the data storage is still tied to either ArcGIS Online or an ArcGIS Enterprise organization; either is required to publish a survey.  It is possible to install ArcGIS Enterprise on a single PC (I've done that routinely for demonstration purposes), but if you're only using it for Survey123, you aren't getting a lot of value out of it- Survey123 is designed to complement a data/mapping system, not be an independent application.

0 Kudos
JohnMcConalogue
New Contributor III

Thanks for your reply James.

On my other question would you have an answer, can I publish my current survey so that members of the public can fill it in and how can I do this?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
ZoltanKovacs4
New Contributor II

John

This blog post from Ismael details how to create a public survey.

https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2016/11/10/getting-started-with-public-surveys

I hope this helps.

0 Kudos