Survey123 required fields not working as expected

02-15-2019 07:27 AM
EricS
by
Occasional Contributor

I have a survey that has multiple required fields.  In the desktop survey123 the order of required messages pops up in the order of questions asked: meaning that the first unanswered required field pops up the message then the second then third etc....  However in the IOS app on my phone it does not follow this pattern.  Example my first required field is "Crew Number".  If I submit a blank survey my required field message that appears is a required field "Organization Name" much farther down the line of questions asked.  It is also a question that only appears as prerequisite of prior question answered.  If I answer the Organization name then it will ask for crew number requirement.  If I answer the crew number question the next required field will be my "Location" which does not follow the order.  It is not a logical pattern.  Is this something that can be fixed in the xls form?  Im using version 3.2.265 for reference. 

0 Kudos
14 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Great. The geopoint questions are not in a repeat or group when this is happening. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you!

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

A workaround is to put it in a Group. Give it a shot.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Doug Browning‌ - Thanks for the tip, no luck for me. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

We have just updated new 3.4 beta builds to EAC which include fixes for required questions when using relevant, constraints, and validation in repeats, as well as supporting expressions for required in all question types. There are several other important fixes in these builds too. Please test them out and let us know if you still have any remaining issues.

You can find the latest 3.4 beta builds here: Survey123 Early Adopter Community

Phil.

0 Kudos