Survey123 reinstalling mobile app

05-16-2022 07:57 AM
AvonleaKeenen
New Contributor

I am using the Survey123 app for android and the camera is not working properly. It works fine on other devices so I know it isn't the survey. I am wanting to delete the app and reinstall it but I don't want to lose the ability to look at surveys I have already sent on my phone. Is there a way to redownload those Sent Surveys so they are still on my phone?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @AvonleaKeenen

There is a database located at device_name\Internal shared storage\Android\data\com.esri.survey123\files\ArcGIS\My Surveys\Databases if you copy that database to a different location then delete and reinstall the app and redownload the survey. Then copy the database back to that file location overwriting the one that's already there and all the sent surveys should be back. 

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
AvonleaKeenen
New Contributor

Zach,

Thank you for responding to my question. Unfortunately I can only find one folder that is named com.esri.survey123 and there is nothing in it. I have tried searching 'ArcGIS' and 'Databases' in my internal storage but no luck. I do not know where Survey123 is storing the data?

Thank you,

Avonlea

0 Kudos
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @AvonleaKeenen

If you are using a newer version of Android Google has been locking down access to app specific files for security. A couple of options are: 

- Connect your device to a PC and use File Explorer to navigate to the directory

- Use a file manager that can obtain access to hidden files on the device

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos