Survey123 | Publish Error Table Not Found When Adding Repeat Question

03-19-2020 06:42 PM
StevenDel_Castillo
New Contributor III

Hello,

I am getting the error below when trying to publish a survey to an existing layer that does not have a repeat table. I know this is the reason why but don't have a clue on how to fix this. I've scoured the forums and web but no luck in finding some literature. I am using Survey123 Connect for ArcGIS ver 3.5.157. I would appreciate some help on this!

Thank you,

Steven

Tags (1)
2 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Steven,

It sounds like you added a repeat section to the form, correct?  If that is the case, you will need to add a related table to the feature service.  How did you create the feature layer?  If via ArcGIS Pro/ArcMap, you'll need to add a table and then a relationship class connection the table to the feature service via either GlobalID>parentglobalid or another GUID-based relationship.  You might want to make a copy of your form, publish that (which will create a hosted feature service) and then export the hosted feature service as a GDB to guide the alteration or create new tables to reflect the updated schema.

0 Kudos
StevenDel_Castillo
New Contributor III

Hello James,

Yes, added a repeat section in the form.

We created the feature layer via publishing a survey on desktop app Survey123 Connect for ArcGIS. Several weeks later we create a sub-process (with a new survey) on top of that created layer that required the repeat question; hence the error.

Thank you for the suggestion. We ultimately took the error as a sign to make it its own process so we did. Now we have a separate issue of the image question not being available in the repeat question when a user calls a feature they did not create. This error is being discussed below.

https://community.esri.com/message/917445-re-adding-imagesattachments-to-survey-in-inbox?commentID=9... 

Thank you,

Steven

0 Kudos