Survey123 pass-through data not always populating

01-15-2021 06:38 AM
mcbeth99
New Contributor III

This is my first go with Survey123 and FieldMaps and I'm running into some issues with passthrough data. I created a URL based on a parcel map created in ArcMap arcgis-survey123://?itemID=5de7dff8039c42e7a525f7703c66b3ec&field:PAMS_PIN={PAMS_PIN}&field:PROP_LOC...

Using this URL the form would open in Survey123 but would not populate. I looked at the schema in web designer (where I created the form) and the name field had 'pams_pin" and "prop_loc" all lowercase- eventhough the original attributes were all caps.  I edited the URL to be arcgis-survey123://?itemID=5de7dff8039c42e7a525f7703c66b3ec&field:pams_pin={PAMS_PIN}&field:prop_loc...

and republished through Connect.

Now when clicking the URL through FieldMaps on an ipad the data populates but doesn't populate in Chrome, Expolrer or Firefox.  However, now when the URL works, the Prop loc data doesn't fully populate because of spaces within the data.  ie: 430 Walnut Street.  It populates as 430

So the questions are:

• why would the name field change to all lower case? Is there any way to prevent that from happening?  So I don't have to publish then go back change the URL and republish.
  • How do I get the data to populate and account for the spaces?

My apologies if I am not using correct terminology, I only know enough to be dangerous. 

0 Kudos
0 Replies