Survey123 Online Public Form

Jump to solution
01-23-2017 01:48 AM
JohnMcConalogue
New Contributor III

I have published a survey as Public.

I now have a feature layer and a form for the survey.

How do I get the public to be able to fill in the survey form?

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Please go to Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS  for the most recent versions.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
JamesTedrick

Hi John,

Go to the 'Collaborate' page for your survey at survey123.arcgis.com - you'll find a link that can be given to people. If the survey was created via the Survey123 website, there will be a web link and a link to open in the field app (phone app).  If you created the survey using Survey123 Connect, you'll find only the link to the field app. There is a new web form in Beta that can handle the more complex forms authored in Survey123 Connect.  To access the beta web form, open the form in Survey123 Connect and click on the globe button; it has an option to 'Open in web app'.  Click that, and the form will load in a browser.

On the field app links, we are finding some issues opening the form on Android devices; we've found the best experience is to create web page with a hyperlink.  We will be implementing that in a future update of Survey123, though for now you would need to create the web page yourself.

0 Kudos
JohnMcConalogue
New Contributor III

Thanks for the reply James.

I created my survey using Survey123 Connect for ArcGIS and published it to ArcGIS online.

I don't seem to have a collaborate tab?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

You should be able to get to the collaborate tab either by going to the survey123.arcgis.com website directly or by opening the survey in preview mode in Survey123 Connect, clicking on the globe icon, and selecting 'Manage in the Survey123 website'.

0 Kudos
JohnMcConalogue
New Contributor III

James I can see neither Manage no Collaborate

When I click on the globe in connect it opens the survey in ArcGIS online and there are 3 tabs, namely, Overview, Usage, Settings.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

That sounds like you clicked on the 'View item details in your ArcGIS organization' button.  Just to confirm, you are using a recent version of Survey123 (1.6 or higher)?  You should see a menu that looks like this (the top link was added in 1.10):

0 Kudos
JohnMcConalogue
New Contributor III

I've version 1.5.35 .. obviously the problem

were can I download a version that I can create public surveys?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Please go to Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS  for the most recent versions.

JohnMcConalogue
New Contributor III

James I have now copied the link but I see to open it a user needs the survey123 field app

does this mean if a member of the public wants to contribute to the survey they must first download the field app to a tablet or smart phone?

The field app prompts a user to login, so how does a member of the public contribute to a survey without having an esri account?

Thanks for all the help.

0 Kudos