Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey123 Offline Maps

05-17-2017 09:30 AM
JAVIERVARA_SANZ
Occasional Contributor II

We've been working with Survey123 for quite a bit and were happy to see it supported TPKs. However, rendering and performance of large TPKs, overall, isn't really good, which doesn't help much when trying to take advantage of this powerful functionality.

The ESRI Support Team replied to our question stating that Survey123 is not a map centric application and that the best work around is to link Collector and Survey123 for this purpose, which actually sounds like a great idea, other than I still haven't been able to populate information within Survey123 and bring the results back in Collector when selecting the same point.

The real question is why Survey123 supports TPKs for offline use when these perform so poorly.

I'll appreciate any help or suggestions in this regard.

Thanks.

14 Replies
JAVIERVARA_SANZ

Good morning.

I wanted to check if there have been any further actions in this regard. Providing an single place holder is still important to host large size TPKs. In addition, could you provide an update on any potential development of a solution to improve rendering of TPKs larger than 2.25GB? I understand the limitation was related to support of 32-bit devices, so just checking.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Javier,

With version 3.0, that limitation has been removed.

0 Kudos
JAVIERVARA_SANZ

Thanks James.

I'm still experiencing issues rendering from large size TPKs.

Please advise.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Javier,

My apologies, I spoke too soon - while no longer supporting 32-bit iOS devices no longer imposes the limitation, additional work needs to be done to support larger tile packages.

0 Kudos
JAVIERVARA_SANZ

Thanks James.

I understand. Anything in scope at this time for the near future? 

Much appreciated.

0 Kudos