Survey123 link not launching in Internet Explorer

02-07-2018 06:41 AM
Environnement_1Lausanne
Occasional Contributor

I made a survey on Survey123 Connect. I shared the link (public) and when I try to access it via Internet Explorer, the Survey doesn't open. I need a refresh of the page for the Survey to display. Could you fix this issue ? It works perfectly with Firefox.

24 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hello,

Could you share the XLSFile of teh survey so that we could attempt to replicate the issue?  Also, to confirm, you are using Internet Explorer 11? 

0 Kudos
Environnement_1Lausanne
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

Thank you very much for the answer.

You will find attached to this email, the XLS form.

I am indeed using IE 11.

0 Kudos
FranciscoAndrade1
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

Not sure if this is the same issue but I have a bug open for not being able to open a public survey on Internet Explorer.

Below is the information provided by Amol from ESRI Support Services:

"Good Morning! Thank you for your time with this case. I was to replicate the issue at my in Internet Explorer and have logged a defect for it with the following details.

BUG-000111386: Internet Explorer generates "Error trying to parse XML record. Different root nodes" when opening a custom Survey123 URL to auto populate fields.

Currently, the workaround at hand is to either use Chrome, Firefox, or Edge..."

JamesTedrick

Hi Francisco,

Thanks - we'll take a look from the Support system and look to address this.

0 Kudos
Environnement_1Lausanne
Occasional Contributor

Hi James,

Would it be possible to call you to discuss this problem and try to find a solution ?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Auréline,

We're able to replicate the issue in our development team tests.  The first part is that the default time values you provide are causing the initial loading of the form to break; removing those will allow the form to load.  I am also seeing some performance issues when attempting to submit the form (it submits successfully, but takes much longer than I would expect).

0 Kudos
Environnement_1Lausanne
Occasional Contributor

Hi James,

I removed the default time values but I still have the same issue, the form doesn’t load on IE 11 without a refresh of the page.

I think the test that might have been done by your team was done with a tab already open on the survey. If a tab is already launching the form and a second one is open, then the second one launches but not the first.

Do you have any other idea of what makes this form not launch on the first launch ?

Could you send be the xls that works for you ?

0 Kudos
Environnement_1Lausanne
Occasional Contributor

Hi James,

I think I found one of the reasons of the following issues :

1. survey not launching on IE

2. submission taking a huge amount of time and getting an error message from argis.com saying that a long script was the cause

The survey works fine on IE version KB3154070 (old version) and doesn’t work on IE 11 KB4036586 (newer version).

Would it be possible to make Survey123 compatible with newer versions of IE ?

We need to send this form this week. It’s becoming really urgent (the client is waiting). Can it be done in this timeframe ?

Thank you very much in advance,

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Aureline,

We are looking into how to fix the problem.  That being said, it is not likely that we will have a fix to implement by the end of the week.  

0 Kudos