Survey123 Issue - external choice list CSVs don't download with survey

Jump to solution
09-09-2022 12:00 AM
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

Am I missing something or is this a defect?

1. Create a survey with "select_one_from file" questions, no CSVs in media folder as plan is to use linked content
  2. Publish survey
  3. Link the surveys in Survey123 Connect
  4. Download the surveys onto the Survey123 field app

At this stage of the workflow we would like to launch the survey from Field Maps. However the external select questions do not populate when the form loads.

Go to 'Collect' a new survey; a pop-up appears to indicate the CSVs are downloading. The questions then work fine.

Why does Survey123 not download the CSVs with the survey? I assume it will also not re-download the CSV files unless the user goes to 'collect'?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @ChristopherCounsell

We have BUG-000141398 logged for this behavior, please feel free to reach out to Esri Technical Support to follow the defect and get notified on updates. Unfortunately the only workaround is what you had noted, it's to open the survey main page to download the CSV before using the link. 

Thank you,
Zach

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @ChristopherCounsell

We have BUG-000141398 logged for this behavior, please feel free to reach out to Esri Technical Support to follow the defect and get notified on updates. Unfortunately the only workaround is what you had noted, it's to open the survey main page to download the CSV before using the link. 

Thank you,
Zach
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

Thanks @ZacharySutherby. Have reached out to support. Would be good to have this bug fixed as it renders core workflows non-viable.

Cheers.

RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

Has there been any progress on this?

0 Kudos
ahargreaves_FW
Occasional Contributor III

I attached myself to this bug and escalated it. Having to hit the Survey123 app 'Collect' page for that survey, in order to receive the 'update' notice works against the idea of using URL parameters to app link directly between apps....

ahargreaves_FW
Occasional Contributor III

@ZacharySutherby any update on the above? Again, ensuring fieldstaff are always on the most up to date survey  is vital to us. However, the recommended advice from ESRI is to URL link directly to surveys, thus by-passing the "update" prompts...