Survey123 Integromat email notification

01-15-2020 08:49 AM
MatthewKauth1
New Contributor II

All, I am new to webhooks and need some help.
I have created a survey with Survey123.
I would like an email notification to be sent when a question 'Condition' is answered as 'Poor'.

Using Integromat I created a scenario with a filter to trigger an email notification when Condition=Poor.

• When testing by submitting a survey on my laptop in Survey123 browser
    • No email is sent
    • I can go into my integromat scenario and run just the email and an email is sent.
    • The Survey123 module in Integromat scenario recognizes that a survey has been sent
  • When testing by submitting a survey via mobile device (android phone)
    • No email is sent
    • The Survey123 module does not recognize that a survey has been submitted

Any help is appreciated.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Matt,

After you have associated the webhook with your survey, you will need to re-download the survey using the field app so that it has the necessary information contained within the survey.

Can you verify whether or not you have done this?

0 Kudos
MatthewKauth1
New Contributor II

Hi Brandon and thanks for the tip.  I did re-download and that seemed to take care of the one part of my equation.  The Survey123 module recognized my submittal from my mobile device.
The other part of the equation is why it's not triggering an email notification.

Matt

0 Kudos
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks for the update, Matt.

If you have not done so already, I would recommend taking a look at the following Blog https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2019/06/02/getting-started-with-survey123-and-integ.... This includes a short instructional video highlighting how to set up a webhook in Integromat that triggers an email when a certain condition is set.  You will see the use of the 'Run Once' option in Integromat which is helpful when testing out your webhook.

Let me know if you are able to resolve the issue after taking a look at this.

Best,

Brandon

0 Kudos
MatthewKauth1
New Contributor II

Brandon,

All of your advice was very helpful and worked.  The Integromat filtering was solved by choosing the 'Is Equal To (case sensitive) option.

Matt