Survey123 Inbox Map - pinpoint icon issue

02-15-2019 08:48 AM
GavinJenkins2
New Contributor II

Has anyone else experienced issues with the icons in the Inbox Map of Survey123?  

Problem: I am experiencing issues where a user will save an item from their Inbox for later (Outbox) and the pins on the map with disappear and/or flip to an orange color.  I have experienced this issue on iPad (Pro, iOS 12.1.4), iPhone (7s, 12.1.4), and Android (Samsung Galaxy S9+, version 9) using Survey123 version 3.2.265.  This is happening both while online (cellular) or offline.

Workaround: user clicks back out of Inbox and re-enters the Inbox List and/or Map to show the items again.

Other Information: Inbox items are between 10-100 items for each user.  My local test was with 50 items.

Does anyone have any insights about this issue?

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Gavin,

This is the expected behaviour of the Inbox, as the survey you have just edited has moved from the Inbox once processed to the Drafts, Sent or Outbox. This will remove it or change the colour of pin based on which box it is now in from the list view and map view, until you refresh Inbox and query the results from the server again.

Phil.

0 Kudos
GavinJenkins2
New Contributor II

Thanks for the reply, Phil.

To clarify, items in my Inbox map that I have not edited, randomly turn orange after saving a different item later (to Outbox).  I understand where you are coming from with the expected functionality and moving between different workspaces, but in this case, there seems to be an issue with the processing of records.

0 Kudos