Survey123 Inbox: load Survey data from filtered Feature-Layer

08-23-2019 03:21 AM
Svenja-ChristinLemke
New Contributor II

Hello everyone!

We published a survey with Survey123 Connect with an existing feature-service. Everything is working until the point that our colleagues wish to retrieve the sent surveys in the inbox to collect a new survey at the same location. Our hosted feature-service is a public service where we hide the submitted data with a filter. If anyone accesses the feature-service there is no data visible.
That is the problem of the inbox at our survey: For the survey's inbox there is no data in the survey that could be added to the inbox. Do you have any idea how we could add the sent survey to the inbox without showing our published data in our arcgis online?

I hope that my problem is understanble since i am no an native english speaker. I am open to questions and I look forward to your answers and ideas!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JordanMiller4
Occasional Contributor III

Does your survey include a "job status" field? You can easily setup inbox to query only surveys where the job is still marked as "open". This would prevent inbox from filling up with existing information and also hide surveys when the job is marked as closed.

Query expression (where clause) fields: jobStatus = 'Open'

Hope it helps..

Svenja-ChristinLemke
New Contributor II

Hello Jordan,

thanks for your answer. Our Survey doesn't include a Job Status.

The query expression wont get any results because the Feature layer in ArcGIS online is filtered. Our survey was configurated like this: https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2017/09/25/working-with-existing-feature-services-i... .
The original Feature Service contains features. So we are looking for a way to load the existing Features into the Surveys inbox without displaying the Features in public.

0 Kudos
JordanMiller4
Occasional Contributor III

So couldn't you just make 2 surveys from the same feature service and each survey is customized based on your needs? Disable to inbox on the public survey and enable inbox for the survey your company plans to use. If the hosted feature service has "filters / definition queries" before it hits a web map, I would recommend republishing that service and apply the filters when you pull in the layers to a web map. Hopefully this help.

0 Kudos
Svenja-ChristinLemke
New Contributor II

Hello again.

We solved our problem by publishing a Web Map for the use in Expolorer for ArcGIS. We embedded a secured feature layer with the points from the original survey and open a new survey with the help of a link. So the worker can click at the point of an old survey and passes parameters to the new survey. The inbox has been deactivated.

Thank you for your help and concern.

0 Kudos