Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey123 Inbox Filter on select_one field

Jump to solution
11-03-2017 08:59 AM
EricLussier1
New Contributor II

Hi,

I'm trying the set the inbox filter on a field that is set as a select_one in the form without being able to get the data.

Just for info, In the feature layer (hosted) that field appears as drop-down.

In  the survey123 ArcGIS -> Inbox -> Refresh, I'm getting:

If I do a inbox filter on a text field, I'm able to get the data.

Is there a trick? or is it a bug.

Thanks.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ArchitSrivastava1
New Contributor III

Hi Eric,

There is no such limitation in case of Survey123 and Inbox functionality, the inbox feature works even if it is applied on a "select_one" field. The trick is that the value which is provided as "Query Expression" should be correct. The correct expression should be as follows:

Name of the field in Survey sheet = 'Name of the option on which filter should be applied'

For eg:

Survey sheet:

Choice Sheet:

Choice Sheet

So the "Query Expression"  might look something like this:

field_5='choice0' (If you want to to filter questions where 'Choice0' is selected)

Hope this help!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ArchitSrivastava1
New Contributor III

Hi Eric,

There is no such limitation in case of Survey123 and Inbox functionality, the inbox feature works even if it is applied on a "select_one" field. The trick is that the value which is provided as "Query Expression" should be correct. The correct expression should be as follows:

Name of the field in Survey sheet = 'Name of the option on which filter should be applied'

For eg:

Survey sheet:

Choice Sheet:

Choice Sheet

So the "Query Expression"  might look something like this:

field_5='choice0' (If you want to to filter questions where 'Choice0' is selected)

Hope this help!

0 Kudos