survey123 home location

09-23-2016 08:17 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello all,

We are very excited about the newest editions to Survey123 released last month.  Especially the to the online functionality so we can more broadly distribute our surveys.  We are having an issue however with the Home Location setting on a Geopoint question.  It seems that the Home Location set in the browser only works when viewing the survey in a browser.  When I open the same survey in the Android mobile app and the Windows 7 install, the Home Location button zooms the map to Melbourne Australia (see attached image).  Has anyone else seen this behavior or have a suggestion on how to fix it?  

Thanks,

Jim

Tags (1)
7 Replies
CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jim, 

I think to fix this you'll have to download the survey and update it in Survey123 Connect. The desktop app allows you to set the home location to a place of your choice through Settings > Map (I think Melbourne is the default if you created the survey in Survey123 Connect). As a warning if you change your survey in Survey123 Connect, end-users will no longer be able to submit data with it using their web browsers anymore. They will always need to use the Survey123 mobile app. More here.

Carmel 

MelanieWilliams1
New Contributor III

Even after setting the Home Location on in Survey123 Connect, the default is zoomed all the way out.  I have set the preview map and the detailed map in Connect but it doesn't seem to make a difference.  I'm wondering if there is a setting in the xls form that I'm missing?

SMauri
by
Occasional Contributor III

Unfortunately the bug is alive yet in Survey123 version 2.2.14 ....

James TedrickIsmael Chivite

Please fix! It's very annoing...

JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Stefano,

We have it in our backlog to address; it's a little difficult as I believe it will require some work in a couple of different places (both the web site and the form processing API) to do properly.

SMauri
by

Hi James, thank's for the answer

0 Kudos
RenatoSalvaleon

Would changing this basemap with my own online base map and my own default location help? 

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Renato,

Changing the basemap wouldn't help- there's a specific setting for the home location in the .info file (editing & re-uploading that might).