Survey123 Geopoint Symbol

01-02-2020 07:41 AM
KeithGerhartz1
Occasional Contributor II

Can anyone tell me how one can change the geopoint symbol used by Survey123 Web? I am using Survey123 Connect. Thank you.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Keith,

Curently we only support the custom symbol for the point marker in Survey123 Connect.

We haven't supported this on the Survey123 web application.

I encourage you to submit an enhancement request via Esri Support. Our Support team will assign an official enhancement number for your records. Similar requests from other customers can then be attached to the same enhancement request, which helps us assess demand for the enhancement and prioritize it accordingly.

0 Kudos
KeithGerhartz1

Thank you. So I am also using a custom base map. Should I enter the value for as follows for body::esri:style? If I do this, then is my custom symbol uploaded when I publish?

map="CitizenRequests" symbol="redpin.png" 

0 Kudos
KeithGerhartz1

The red pin appears in Connect but the symbol does not change after I publish.

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Keith,

Could you clarifiy that you can't see the custom symbol in field app after published the survey? What versio of Connect and field app are you using?

0 Kudos
KeithGerhartz1

Survey Connect 3.7.62. We are using the web app not field app.

0 Kudos
MJBiazar
Esri Contributor

Hi Keith Gerhartz‌,

I ran some tests and I was able to confirm that custom point marker on geopoint question does not appear in web form as it reverts back to the default symbol. However, in the field app, it shows up as it appears in Connect preview. 

Best,

MJ.