Survey123 For Windows and Stylus Issue

Jump to solution
07-01-2019 08:04 AM
AndrewSouthern
Occasional Contributor

I recently updated a Panasonic toughbook running Windows 10 to the latest version of Survey123 for Windows and the stylus for some reason no longer functions.  Selections can be made with your finger it just doesn't recognize the stylus.  This wasn't an issue with the previously installed version (not sure of the exact version it was but it was 3.x) and I installed Survey123 Classic just to satisfy my curiosity and it still works as expected. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor
0 Kudos
6 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Andrew,

What version of Survey123 are you now using, is it the latest 3.5 release, can you give exact build number from About screen.

What exact version were you using before when it was working?

If you install previous version again, does the stylus work normally? Is the stylus working in other apps?

There should be changes to the app that stop the stylus working, as it treats mouse clicks, finger taps and stylus all the same.

Phil.

0 Kudos
ClaireWood
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am also experiencing this using a Panasonic Toughbook FZ-G1 running Windows 10.  I have just upgraded the tablet from version 3.3.64 of Survey 123 to 3.5.177.  The stylus works in other apps and normally with windows, but Survey123 only allows interaction with finger and not stylus.

Claire 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Claire,

Have you tried the latest 3.6 RC builds available on EAC? I would be interested to see if same issue happening in 3.5 also still occurs with 3.6?

As we need to investigate this further and gather more specific details, can I suggest you raise an Esri support case and work with the analyst to do further in-depth analysis and specification gathering.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Andrew and Claire,

Just letting you know we have identified the issue causing the stylus/pen on Windows devices to stop working, and it will be fixed in our next 3.7 release. Once we have the builds available on EAC for 3.7 I will let you know so you can test it out.

Phil.

0 Kudos
ClaireWood
New Contributor III

Great - thanks Phil, that's good news.  Happy to test it out in 3.7.

Claire 

IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Thanks for all the help testing this. The fix is now available in https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2019/12/05/walt-disney-release-37 

0 Kudos