Survey123 for ArcGIS 3.12. 277(iOS) crashes and does not sync more than 2,000 records to Inbox.

07-12-2021 11:53 PM
SarahPC
New Contributor III
I have created a survey123 connected to a underlying feature layer with related tables. An inspection table related to a trees present table. After increasing the number of records returned by an inbox query beyond the default of 2,000 records. iOS running Survey123 version 3.12.277 crashes. Both on iphone & ipad both on 14.6. Similar to this old bug that should have been fixed in version 3.7 BUG-000123911: After increasing the maximum feature count for a fea.. (esri.com).

I also note when you press the Refresh button, the first time nothing happens and you have to press it a couple of times for to start refreshing.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @SarahPC ,

What is the maximum number of results being returned by the feature service?

Separately, it would be helpful to understand your workflow to understand why over it's necessary to load over 2000 records into the Inbox; the Inbox is not meant to be a full cache of the feature service, but to provide those records that a user needs in the context of their work for that day.

Regarding the button press issues, that was a glitch in the button that has been resolved for the next release of Survey123 - the current beta in the Early Adopter Community has that addressed.

SarahPC
New Contributor III

Hi @JamesTedrick sorry I didn't see your reply before I posted another question HERE . I no longer have the app crashing but the inbox times out. Basically I have a user wanting to copy/pre-populate an inspection and related data from the last inspection details and edit them, rather than re-collecting. Hence the need to use the inbox?

0 Kudos
SarahPC
New Contributor III

Just to follow @JamesTedrick  I will see if I can find way to limit the inbox refresh for a day/weeks work (requires offline in the field). But while I might be able to limit the inbox filter further, it will still time out searching for the related records?

0 Kudos