Survey123 Export Report Photos not showing

03-27-2019 12:49 PM
SeanLavallee__MES_
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am working on reporting functionality using survey123 custom report templates. It works great with the exception to the photos. But, only surveys entered in survey123 will add photos to the report. Anything edited in collector, updated feature service, or old surveys will not print up. I was reading about a issue with old surveys and the metadata for survey123 will not read the old metadata when exporting to reports. I noticed that if you print your data from survey123 it will print all the photos regardless of time frame of when surveys were submitted or if they were updated in collector or ArcMap. If they can read and print photos to a document, why can't they export the photos from the table to the form? Will this functionality be added soon?

It would be great to have this functionality seamless since ArcPro reporting function does not allow photos and ArcMap Desktop is being phased out and hard to work with. 

Printed from Survey123 - This report exported not have photos, but print will.

Same exported Report

23 Replies
LetíciadAgostoMiguelFonseca
New Contributor II

Hi Didier,

I used the statement posted by James here:

${#$attachment}

${$file| size:350:0:0:250} #Keep the name "file"

${$file|getValue:"name"}

${/}

You will be able to attach your photos, but not defining the place you want in your document, I did it manually. I am sending you an example how it looks like.

EaganGIS
New Contributor II

Thanks for this info.  I am still not able to get my photos to show up.  My test record has only 1 photo.  I'm new to this so I thought you might have some insight.  I'm using ArcGIS 10.8.1 and Survey123 3.11.  I've played around with the file size etc.  I am not getting any errors, just no image.  I'm not using a hosted feature service.  This is in my enterprise GDB and published service with our ArcGIS Server.  Any help is appreciated Here is my syntax:  

${#Requests_image}

${$file | size:300:0:0:200}

${$file | getValue:”name”}

${/}

0 Kudos
LetíciadAgostoMiguelFonseca
New Contributor II

Hello!

Try the exactaly syntax bellow:

${#attachment}

${$file | size:300:0:0:200}

${$file | getValue:”name”}

${/}

0 Kudos
DfIRivers
Occasional Contributor

Any progress with this issue?  We are having the same problem with ArcGIS Enterprise amnd the Survey123 Report Template functionality.. The work around works to an extent where all images are included in the report one after another... but this isn't how the report should look... even if there was an option for the images to appear side by side (as opposed to one after another), it would be a slight improvement.

0 Kudos