Survey123 domains

08-13-2018 01:17 PM
ReneAubut
Occasional Contributor

Survey123 Domains not updated.

Hi, after realizing that added choices in my survey123 list wont update the domain after republishing my form, I opted to export as GDB the feature Layer of the original survey, and use it to UPDATE DATA of the empty newly published form. Looking at the GDB in ArcMap, I could see all photos as attachments. All seemed well.

Looking in Survey123, no photos would show with the UPDATED Feature Layer. Only on the original Feature layer 

Should I avoid loading past survey123 records into updated Feature Layer, thus having to work with 2 features layers

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Rene,

You used the 'Update Data' button on the ArcGIS Online item page, correct?  Currently, that doesn't support attachments - see Kelly Gerrow‌'s comment at the end of https://community.esri.com/message/789133-re-arcgis-online-image-attachments .

ReneAubut
Occasional Contributor

Thanks James, ill check it out

0 Kudos
ReneAubut
Occasional Contributor

I just checked, the only way i was able to preserve all attachment was by editing a blank(fresh new) Feature Layer. The moment I make a local copy from a Feature Layer with existing data in it, all attachments are lost. Please advice

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hey Rene,

Are you appending specific records to the existing feature service or are you looking to overwrite all of the data?

Append doesn't support attachments, but the update/overwrite functionality does. If you will be exporting a full dataset of the data select update data> Overwrite Entire layer.

-Kelly

0 Kudos
ReneAubut
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Kelly, all I see is with Update is Append Data, I don't see overwrite. I have check and the feature service is not Sync enabled. In other attempts, I used Append in ArcGIS Pro. All the attachments (photos) were kept, but after reviewing in Survey123 website, these photos show at the very end of each record, not at the specific questions (image type) as set in the form design process in Connect

0 Kudos