Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey123 Connect with Hosted Feature Service form Creation Error

Jump to solution
06-26-2023 06:25 AM
GISAdminApplications
Emerging Contributor

I am trying to connect a hosted feature service to a survey. I go into survey123 connect and click the feature service option and find the file no issue. When I create the survey though I get this error:

GISAdminApplications_0-1687785798319.png

The thing is though that field is becoming the GeoPoint field but that is not what it was names. The feature was created in an Enterprise Geodatabase and published to portal. The geometry field is SHAPE. I don't know what this field is or where it came from.

Can someone advise on how to fix this to connect the geometries from the FS to the survey?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Survey123 doesn't like when names have spaces in them. For geometry questions in particular though, the actual name of the question doesn't matter. When your survey sees the geopoint question, it will apply that to the SHAPE column. Just rename it in your XLS form to something like "the_point" and it will load just fine.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Survey123 doesn't like when names have spaces in them. For geometry questions in particular though, the actual name of the question doesn't matter. When your survey sees the geopoint question, it will apply that to the SHAPE column. Just rename it in your XLS form to something like "the_point" and it will load just fine.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
GISAdminApplications
Emerging Contributor

It worked!!! Thank you so much!! This is the first time I connected a survey like this so I was unsure if I missed something in the connection and creation process

0 Kudos