Survey123 Connect -Updating XLSform not working!

10-27-2022 12:10 PM
JoseBarrios1
Occasional Contributor III

Hello Community,

I am having a big problem with Survey123 connect and I was wondering if everyone is having the same problem. I can create a survey with no problem, but it won't update any changes on the XLSForm. I keep getting "Error converting XLSForm" (see pic).  It won't reflect  any of the changes even if I close the app and open the form again. I noticed that if I continue clicking on "update" icon ( 10+times) it would eventually work . Does anyone having the same issue or my app files are is corrupted (I already installed the app 2 times? - 3.14.281)? 

errorSurvey123.png

Thanks,

JB

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

I have seen this behavior before, I know it was a bug that I thought they produced a hot-fix for, but I've still experienced it intermittently. It usually works for me after a few more attempts of clicking "Update Survey"....

(I'm on version 3.14.256)

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
JoseBarrios1

Thanks Katherine,

I know it was an issue before but I thought it got" fixed". I am using version 3.14. 281...and it is basically not functional for me, very frustrated!

Update.: Now working on latest version 3.16. 105 and I'm having the exact same problem!

JB

0 Kudos
JasonJordan00
Occasional Contributor

I have been getting this quite often lately. Luckily hitting update again will generally fix it but definitely annoying.

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

This is happening on two separate Connect installs. It is intermittent and tends to go away after 2-3 re-save attempts. Very frustrating.

We also get a few different error messages. Same result.

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Finally remembered to catch the error messages.  Here are the two I am getting. I just keep refreshing the app and the errors eventually go away. Sometimes it's 1 refresh. Sometimes its 5... The errors (image below) can also rotate between each other.

Connect also likes to freeze and crash a lot since these errors started happening. It is in no way related to a specific survey or operation. All seems very random.

Untitled.png

0 Kudos
GregKeith

Sometimes it helps if I close the xlsform (after saving, which may bring up the error once) and then use Update in Connect.

0 Kudos