Survey123 Connect Geotrace perimeter measurment

Jump to solution
08-24-2022 05:55 AM
ZachBodenner
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello,

I have a survey built in Survey123 Connect with a geotrace question. It seems that by default the geotrace question displays the perimeter of the feature measured. However, I don't think the measurement is accurate. I have a second question that pulls the length of the feature drawn in the geotrace question, but the values don't match. I know geotrace is still in something of a development stage, but is there a way to remove that perimeter measurement so users don't get confused about how long their feature actually is?

S123Perimterer.JPG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Thanks for reporting.

The distance function returns always in meters. The map, depending on your locale, will return measurements in miles or km.

From my own testing, the measurements are correct. Attaching an XLSForm so you can see how to do the unit conversions.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Thanks for reporting.

The distance function returns always in meters. The map, depending on your locale, will return measurements in miles or km.

From my own testing, the measurements are correct. Attaching an XLSForm so you can see how to do the unit conversions.

0 Kudos
ZachBodenner
MVP Regular Contributor

Thanks that's actually super helpful. I had noticed that the distance measurement wound up being accurate is the features were added to a map with a CS in meters but for some reason I didn't make the connection that I could edit the calculation function itself. It worked!

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

@ZachBodenner ,

Just FYI, we also fixed the BUG-000147721 that affects the measurement result for the web app in the latest August update of Survey123. If you are not using the 3.15 version of Survey123 Connect, you may want to use the latest 3.15 version of Survey123 Connect to republish your survey to utilize this fix.

0 Kudos