Survey123 Connect: Geopoint not working in Mobile Phone

03-11-2021 05:25 PM
MayraHernandez
New Contributor III

Hello, 

I used Survey123 Connect to create a survey that allows users to report a possible code violation.

When users drop a pin on the map or select an address in the search bar, the address is auto populated in the survey under "Location/Address of Possible Code Violation".

This works great when filling out the survey on a desktop. But I am unable to do this when filling out the survey on a mobile phone. 

Drop a pin in the location of possible code violation:

survey_mobile2.jpg

When I click the back arrow button on the upper left, the address is not recorded under "Location/Address of Possible Code Violation":

survey_mobile3.jpg

When I use the search bar to search for an address the address selected does not auto populate under "Location/Address of Possible Code Violation".

survey_mobile.jpg

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Mayra,

Are you using the reversed geocoding function in the survey? What version of Connect did you use to publish this survey? Did the web form fail to return the address on all devices and same account? Could you share the XLSForm you used to publish the survey?

0 Kudos
MayraHernandez
New Contributor III

Hi @Shwu-jingJeng, yes I am using the reversed geocoding function in the survey. I used version 3.11.123 of connect to publish the survey. The web form is able to return the addresses just fine. But it fails to return addresses when using my phone. Attached is the xls form. 

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Mayra,

Thanks for the xlsForm. By looking at the form, you are using the javascripts with the reversed geocoding service. I was able to see the problem when the survey is made to public. If it's private, the reversed goecoding service would work on an android phone web browser. Could you confirm that you see this problem on an android device and with a public survey? We do have issue with javascript in public survey and currently is scheduled to be implemented in the next release. Before the release, you could access to the beta version from our EAC site to test the fix.

Please confirm if you had met the following scenarios:

1. Using the web browser on android.

2. Survey is public. 

0 Kudos
WilliamLawrenceCoG
New Contributor II

@Shwu-jingJeng, I was having the same issue and I confirmed that when I made the survey Private and logged in on my Android phone or iPad the Javascript worked correctly for me. Could I access the beta version from the EAC site as well to test the fix? 

0 Kudos
WilliamLawrenceCoG
New Contributor II

@Shwu-jingJeng , Do we have a timeframe on when the fix will be release? Sorry, I'm fairly new to Survey.

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi William,

The earliest time frame would be before the UC but it still depends on the actual implemetation. Currently you could check the status of this issue by referencing this enhancement request:

ENH-000135167 Enable javascript function on public surveys. Use the Survey123 pulldata from an existing feature service option for public surveys.

We will announce the fix on our EAC when it becomes available for beta testing. Please keep eyes on our updates posted on EAC.

Thanks,