Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey123 Connect - Fails to publish (to portal) - time out error

11-22-2022 01:03 PM
NataliyaLys
Occasional Contributor III

I am trying to publish a survey from Survey123 Connect to Enterprise Portal, and I keep getting a timeout error. Its relatively large survey (over 700 fields). I have tried to add repeats to break it down into several several tables, but I'm still getting the same error. The survey has a number of groups with table-list appearance. 

The first question in the survey is Department name (user selects from drop down). Second questions is a note. And third question is a number of questions 'grouped' together. It depends on which department is selected in the first question, a list of job title is show for that department. In here user has to select to which 'Group' each job title belongs to. 

I checked the field names, field name length, and anything I can think off, but cannot publish the survey. I created a smaller subset of my survey, and was able to publish it successfully. It makes me believe that the issue is with the size of my survey. 

Here is a image from the survey:

NataliyaLys_0-1669150374448.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @NataliyaLys

It may be possible your organization administrators have set an upload limit on the web server hosting the Portal Web Adaptor. If you try zipping the survey folder on your local disk and upload the zip file as an item (you can use Desktop Application Template as a test) are you able to successfully upload the zip file to your Portal content? 

Another check would be if you have access to an ArcGIS Online organization are you able to successfully publish the survey to ArcGIS Online? 

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
NataliyaLys
Occasional Contributor III

Hello @ZacharySutherby ,

Thank you for your suggestions. I tried zipping up the survey folder and was able to successfully upload it to the Portal as Desktop Application Template. I also tried publishing the survey to AGO and was able to publish it successfully. 

I don't believe we have any upload limits set up on the webserver. Unless there is something specific you can point me to? 

Thank you,

Nataliya

0 Kudos