Survey123 Connect Crashing When Opening Survey

11-17-2017 01:16 PM
JohnWalls3
New Contributor II

I have multiple surveys, but one survey in particular will not open in Survey123 Connect. I noticed that it only happens when I'm updating the .xlsx form. But if I open the survey in connect without agreeing to the refresh, it opens with no problem. I've gone through the rest of the forum and tried other solutions without any luck. I am using 2.4.60 version running in Windows 7. Is there another solution I should be looking for? 

Thank you for any assistance. 

0 Kudos
9 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi John,

Could you please share a copy of your survey (.xlsx file) that crashes Connect so I can take a closer look.

Regards,

Phil.

JohnWalls3
New Contributor II

Good morning Philip,

I have attached the .xlsx file when you have a chance to take a look. Thank you! 

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi John,

I'm not seeing the xlsx file attached to this message- I just wanted to check before Thanksgiving timing took hold (Philip may not be able to respond before you're off work).

0 Kudos
JohnWalls3
New Contributor II

Hi James, I attached it to the original post. 

0 Kudos
MichaelKelly
Occasional Contributor III

Hi John - one problem that jumps out at me is the Scientific_Name choices list. The associated names field contains spaces and full stops while it should only contain alphanumeric characters. This may be resulting in the unusual behaviour you are experiencing.

JohnWalls3
New Contributor II

Hi Michael, 

I had originally thought it was an issue with the list name since the problem arrived after I implemented it. However, once I removed it and tried it again the issue still persisted. But moving forward for any other projects, I'll certainly keep those recommendations in mind when formatting. Thanks!

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi John

We have done some investigation into the issue and have found it to be a bug (and not a configuration issue your end).

We will update GeoNet with further developments.

Thanks

John

JohnWalls3
New Contributor II

Hi John,

Do you have a timeline when that will be fixed? Approximately?

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi John

This issue has been resolved at 2.7. Please verify your end when 2.7 is released later in the month.

Thanks

John

0 Kudos