I assume you mean a external_choices sheet? If so make sure there are no special chars in your name OR label Or any other custom field. Big one is commas. I had a few buried in my choice list labels and it messed up a bunch of stuff. Also watch out for \, etc.
Also can try a copy to a brand new Excel and save. Make sure to do Paste Values when you do this.
Yeah using it as a pulldata sheet to perform some calculations based off survey selections. I thought that may have been the problem so I went through and removed everything even spaces, still same situation of crashing.
I have found that after successfully launching the survey if I move the file back into the media folder it will perform as normal. This is causing some real head scratching for myself, I even uninstalled/reinstalled Connect.
Looking at your sheet I have two more guesses.
One is your values in the first column are really long. One was 82 chars. Not sure if you are hitting a limit.
Two is you have columns with only numbers as the Name of the column. Try something like Column1 instead of just 1.